Saturday, November 8, 2008

Geocaching on Hick's Power Trail

Some geocachers do not like power trails. Well, I do. So I made one. Don't judge me, it's how I play my game.


I like to store containers that would make nice geocache containers. Since I like to go to the gym and I like to take supplements, I had a few containers that needed to get out into the wild. I had some empty protein, creatine and fiber containers. A little flat black spray paint and we've got some geocaches on our hands.


I had seen an old tree that was just begging to have a geocache placed near it. On my quest to locate access to the tree, I found a nice public trail that parallels a flood control channel. I decided to make this trail "Hick's Power Trail". There may be some slight ego issues going on there but that's between me and myself. And me.................................................And I. me.


There were so many great hiding spots along this trail that I got a little carried away and put 8 new caches along the trail. I figured that's okay because there are 5 regular sized geocaches, 1 small and 1 micro. It's not like I just went and hid a bunch of altoids containers.


I put an unactivated geocoin as a First To Find prize in one and loaded the others up with some trackable items I had picked up in Canada. They didn't all get published at once due to my own problems with my listing requests so a few geocachers were able to score some FTF's.


A bunch of new geocaches, a bunch of trackables and a bunch of great hiding spots. That just screams fun.

The stars represent the geocaches I own.




7 comments:

tonka_boy said...

Are you running drugs from Canada? Where did you get the cash for all that stash?

Those supplement containers do make great geocaches. I've used a few myself.

*flex & poses*

Nice powertrail!

Brenda Muench said...

Wow! Great stashes! I wish I lived closer to your area.

Just John said...

Looks like a great time to me. One hike, with multiple caches; how can you beat that?

Unknown said...

Holy Cow what a great idea... Now granted I did run a series of 11 caches from Oxford, NC to Henderson, NC called Playing on the Train Tracks but I want a walking trail of my own too.. Now I am going to have to do some research and find a workable trail. That and spend a couple of hundred at the dollar store...

Fantastic job Hick!

Paul Myers said...

Trails with caches on them are a good thing. I don't have a problem with people hiding caches on a trail like that.

Two mile hikes with one geocache on it is usually a lot of fun. The same hike with 5 caches on it is also fun. It's what you put into it that makes it fun. No need to defend your action.

GC.com usually doesn't get too riled over it either, unless you name them all the same thing, like "My Power Trail #1, #2, etc." As long as they have distinct and different names, you're usually ok with TPTB.

cosmiccowgirl said...

Kudos! That is a good idea. NIce containers!

P.J. said...

Looks like a good power trail to me. Can one bike it, or just walk it? Alas, I don't think I'll hit that trail too soon... kind of far away. :)

A 'lil HooHaa

Have an Idea? Open your free online storefont here.

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free
Powered by WebRing.
Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service